Broadstone Midtown Phase I & II: Multifamily At 3800 Main St.

KinkaidAlum

So happy to see this lot filled in. It's my favorite part of Midtown (Continental Club, Nattachee's, Breakfast Klub, Julia's, The Ensemble, Sig's Lagoon, Big Top, Tacos-A-Go-Go, and that beautiful old Spanish-style apartment building). Plus, the connectivity to the Museums, TMC, Downtown, Montrose, HCC, UH, TSU, Rice, UST and more is so darn easy.

So many things have been proposed for this lot, ranging from 20 story office towers to medical clinics but at the end of the day, a solid midrise apartment is the best possible outcome.

And Double Trouble. I'm no fan of going there at night, but for a quiet Sunday morning coffee and people watching, it's great.

Broadstone-3800.jpg

Just thought the pic should be in the thread.

The dogs humping in the lower left corner really do add something special to the rendering.

• Like 1

EDI International describes Broadstone Midtown as four floors of apartments perched atop a two-story, 284-space parking garage. But no first-floor retail, much to the disappointment of all mixed-use enthusiasts.

Whitney Radley lurks this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw some dirt being moved on the empty lot next to Julia's as I sped by on the light rail this morning. I know this thread is old but does anybody know what's going there? Is it the same project that the above posts mention, or is it something new?

Theres a whole other thread about it Jax, broadstone midtown, 3800 main...

Can you refer me to the other thread? When I search for broadstone midtown I only find Broadstone West Dallas.

EDIT: I found it but it was in the Midtown forum not Going Up. Merging now.

Sweet pics, jax!

You're being sarcastic right? Horrible pics from a cloudy window on a fast moving train but it shows activity on the lot which makes me happy. I remember eating at Julias and commenting about how horrible the view out the window was compared to how nice the restaurant was. I am glad that is changing.

You're being sarcastic right? Horrible pics from a cloudy window on a fast moving train but it shows activity on the lot which makes me happy. I remember eating at Julias and commenting about how horrible the view out the window was compared to how nice the restaurant was. I am glad that is changing.

I actually wasnt being sarcastic, the pics show workers and equipment moving around on the site which i hadnt seen before, i didnt even notice the quality of the pix, just what they show. But then, i forget youre a photographer, so youre probably overly critical of your pics anyway.

I actually wasnt being sarcastic, the pics show workers and equipment moving around on the site which i hadnt seen before, i didnt even notice the quality of the pix, just what they show. But then, i forget youre a photographer, so youre probably overly critical of your pics anyway.

Cool! :) Yeah that's what I was trying to convey, that this project was seriously getting going after the lot sat vacant for so many years. I am a photographer but I don't mind posting a blurry photo once in a while when it can be useful. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is from their facebook page a couple weeks back:

post-12156-0-65801200-1377789615_thumb.j

Nothing has really changed since then - the project seems to be crawling along compared to everything else in the area. They did put up scaffolding for what looks to be a cinderblock elevator shaft and have brought some pallets of wood on site. My uneducated guess is that means they are almost done with the concrete work and will begin framing floors 2+ fairly quickly.

Check out their facebook page if you want a laugh. To say the least, Broadstone knows exactly who its target audience is:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/3800-Main-A-Broadstone-Community/128597873987384?ref=stream#!/pages/3800-Main-A-Broadstone-Community/128597873987384

• Like 2