Houston, Dean, and the Media

editor

CNN just took a live shot from KPRC's towercam on Galveston Island as part of its Dean coverage. Looked pretty ominous in terms of clouds.

The next shot in the round-robin was from WVUE in New Orleans which looked nicer.

This is going to get good.

Especially considering that the ominous Galveston cloud view was neither Dean nor Erin, but rather the usual August moisture accumulation. But, hey, if it gives inlanders an exotic perspective of the Southeast Texas coast, what harm is it?

We were at the Wal-Mart on F.M. 2920 & Kuykendahl this morning and they were already completely out of bottled water, either in single bottles or gallons. Between this being a tax-free weekend for back-to-school shoppers and everyone stocking up for the hurricane, I don't think I've seen Wal-Mart so packed before. There was a long line in front of the gas pumps too. I guess everyone really IS paying close attention to the media.

Ah, the media and hurricanes. This is going to get good. Better hunker down.
Better hurricane coverage than another some gang member being shot, or some random hit-and-run.
We were at the Wal-Mart on F.M. 2920 & Kuykendahl this morning and they were already completely out of bottled water, either in single bottles or gallons. Between this being a tax-free weekend for back-to-school shoppers and everyone stocking up for the hurricane, I don't think I've seen Wal-Mart so packed before. There was a long line in front of the gas pumps too. I guess everyone really IS paying close attention to the media.
NBC just showed those flashy warning signs along the road somewhere in Texas reminding people to keep their gas tanks full because of a storm forming in the Gulf.

NBC just showed those flashy warning signs along the road somewhere in Texas reminding people to keep their gas tanks full because of a storm forming in the Gulf.

yep - this morning i saw that the message marquees along 610 through Bellaire/Galleria had the full gas tank advisory

Archived