Glass Wall Restaurant At 933 Studewood St.

heights_yankee

Went for dinner with my grandmother last night. Review is favorable.

Atmosphere is nice. When we 1st got there, they were playing some kind of elevator music, but it picked up and they were playing Bob Marley and Big Head Todd during dinner. It's very light and pretty inside and you can tell that a lot of attention has been paid to every part of the restaurant- even the bottles of filtered water they put on the table are etched with the "theme." It's not over the top though- nice and subtle.

I was a little annoyed that, even though the place was pretty empty at 7 (and we were one of only a small handful of reservations) and we still got seated at this rinky dink 2 top. Other 2s came in after us and got booths or regular tables... No big deal. Just kind of annoying.

So, dinner:

We shared the green garlic risotto as an app and were a little worried. It was on the bland side. It's served with a HUGE tempura fried shrip. Makes for nice presentation, but shrimp that big tend to be tough- and this one was.

I had the butter lettuce salad, which was great. The dressing was light and there was some pesto drizzled for extra flavor. It had a little roma tomato stuffed with goat cheese in the middle! Yum!

For the main, I had the rib eye. It was really good- cooked perfect medium rare and served with roasted fingerling potatoes and brussle sprouts. Gram had the pork tenderlion, which was a perfect medium and literally melted in your mouth. Both dishes had nice, simple sides and really good flavor.

Dessert was also good. We split the chocolate bread pudding and choc gelato. The bread pudding was out of this world. It was served with a warm caramel sauce. When you added a little creamy gelato to the dish, it was perfection!

I had 3 glasses of wine, Gram had a Manhattan and 1 glass of wine. She had coffee with her dessert. All told, the bill was $126.00 before tip. Not bad at all!

Overall, a very welcome addition to the 'hood! :D

• 1 year later...

How about this...

I drove by Glass Wall restaurant located at 933 Studewood St last evening around 7PM. It was sunny and about 95 degrees with clear winds and sky. To the East I noticed half the windows were boarded up by double layered sheets of plywood giving the appearance that maybe they were shot out or perhaps something was thrown through them. Anyone know what happened?

Saturday night many Heights businesses and car windows were broken in the wee hours of the morning. No idea if they're all related (i.e. the same person) but there was quite a bit of damage to property all throughout that night.

that really sucks, hope it wasn't people who got out of hand after the white linen nights event. i went to the event and there were a lot of people and i was wondering why they didn't do things like that more often - maybe this is a reason. sucks though, i think most of the people that went really enjoyed it.

that really sucks, hope it wasn't people who got out of hand after the white linen nights event. i went to the event and there were a lot of people and i was wondering why they didn't do things like that more often - maybe this is a reason. sucks though, i think most of the people that went really enjoyed it.

Nah. It has happened several times. Bored school kids. Once school starts, it dies down...at least until Halloween.

How about this...

I drove by Glass Wall restaurant located at 933 Studewood St last evening around 7PM. It was sunny and about 95 degrees with clear winds and sky. To the East I noticed half the windows were boarded up by double layered sheets of plywood giving the appearance that maybe they were shot out or perhaps something was thrown through them. Anyone know what happened?

lol. well played.

Just got in from the National Night Out and brought up the Saturday night glass shattering event that was prevalent on 19th, Yale, Studewood, and here in Woodland Heights on some vehicles with one of the police officers in attendance. She said the weapon was a high powered BB gun or a rifle and there seemed to be a pattern to the attacks. Not sure what the pattern was though. Apparently it made the news too, which may result in a CrimeStoppers segment (the officers said you wouldn't believe how many tips are provided once money is involved). I'm sure there are/were cameras out there somewhere that recorded this activity although I'm not sure to what extent HPD would pursue something like this.

Glass Wall was hit for the third time in a month. This time the damage was more extensive. I understand that wind and water gallery, wachovia bank, mcains market and many others also sustained window damage on white linen night. The police have been of no use in pursuing these vandals. The Mayors office and county commissioner have been contacted. I would like to see this kind of activity diminish in the Heights. We would like to be able to offer a great dining experience without people feeling they are coming to a demilitarized zone. Support from the neighborhood has been fantastic and we appreciate our regulars spreading the good word about what we do. We will weather the storm and continue to make the Heights a better place to live.

-Shepard Ross

This is one of those cases where secuity cameras help, espeically ones maintained by police.

In general, I'm against their widespread use. But it would be nice if there could be a portable installation. No, security cameras won't stop someone from murdering someone. But they can help police catch vandals before they strike again.

Does anyone know what the law is pertaining to just having a pellet gun? I saw some kids shooting one in the park at Harvard and 24th the other afternoon, and wondered if it was worth reporting.

having a pellet gun is fine in the COH. i was talking to a friend today and she mentioned that her husband's truck was broken into and trashed a last weekend. they live near rutland and 17th.

Somewhat off topic but....

My wife and I went to GlassWall last night for dinner. Everything about the meal was wonderful. The service, food, and ambiance all made for a wonderful birthday date. Everyone there seemed genuinely proud of their work which added to the overall great experience. We are so lucky to have a great place like this in the neighborhood.

Will

Somewhat off topic but....

My wife and I went to GlassWall last night for dinner. Everything about the meal was wonderful. The service, food, and ambiance all made for a wonderful birthday date. Everyone there seemed genuinely proud of their work which added to the overall great experience. We are so lucky to have a great place like this in the neighborhood.

Will

Yea my boyfriend and I went a while back after they first opened and we thought the food was excellent.

Does anyone know what the law is pertaining to just having a pellet gun? I saw some kids shooting one in the park at Harvard and 24th the other afternoon, and wondered if it was worth reporting.

Yep, having a pellet gun is A-OK. Shooting it may be another matter, and it may be context-sensitive. Not sure about that.

• The title was changed to Glass Wall Restaurant in the Heights
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Glass Wall Restaurant In The Heights
  • The title was changed to Glass Wall Restaurant At 933 Studewood St.

Archived