Private Swimming Pools

Can someone point me to the correct place to get Houston's requirements for fences/gates around a private swimming pool, in this case a single family house in the Heights. Is there a height requirement for the fence, self latching gates, what about doors from the house leading out to the yard?

Thanks,

Alan

I am not 100% sure, but I will go with what I remember. 6 foot minimum around perimeter of yard, if you have a gate leading out of the yard, it must have a self-latching mechanism and a place for a lock, lock must be on, if no one is around to supervise.

What that means is that even if a would be criminal falls into your pool and drowns while trying to rob your house and you didn't have a lock on your gate, the criminal's family can sue YOU for negligence.

Can someone point me to the correct place to get Houston's requirements for fences/gates around a private swimming pool, in this case a single family house in the Heights. Is there a height requirement for the fence, self latching gates, what about doors from the house leading out to the yard?

Thanks,

Alan

the fence must not be less than 4 ft with no openings, holes, gaps of greater than 4 inches. and gates must be self closing and latching. if your house is part of the enclosure then the doors don't need to be special.

chapter 43

Guest Marty

Yea, especially when the mom's and dad's of this country need/obsession to try to keep up with the Smiths and pawn there children on everyone else in the neighbourhood then cry lawsuit when there child gets hurt.

Thanks,

Alan

Our pool door is self latching, but the fence is only 4 feet tall, (metal rod)

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Private Swimming Pools

Archived