Fixing cracked bathroom sink?

My house is only 2.5 yrs old and the bathroom sink is already cracking near and around the drain. How do you go about repairing this? I have a feeling it will get worse over time, thus i want to fix it now as best as possible. Thanks.

buying a new one would probably be the way to go. what type of material is it?

It is built into the bathroom counter top. Kinda like one big unit. That would cost alot of money. It is made of white marble. Fake white marble i should say. It is pretty common in houses nowdays as far as what i've seen. It looks like this pic.

http://www.nhmarble.com/

It is built into the bathroom counter top. Kinda like one big unit. That would cost alot of money. It is made of white marble. Fake white marble i should say. It is pretty common in houses nowdays as far as what i've seen. It looks like this pic.

http://www.nhmarble.com/

cultured marble. several the the townhomes on oak place had a similar problem. the material is good but i'll bet those were poured too thinly and cracked. you should contact one of the companies here that does that. i know there's one on almeda genoa in the 77075 zip. we've used them several times and have been satisfied.

Sifu, you say your house is only 2.5 yrs. old ? What was the warranty on the house when you bought it, some builders have been offering up to 5 years of warranty to get business.

Yes, my house is only 2.5 yrs old. Brought it brand new from First Texas Homes. It is a one-year limited warranty, so expired already. I think most builders only have one year.

cultured marble. several the the townhomes on oak place had a similar problem. the material is good but i'll bet those were poured too thinly and cracked. you should contact one of the companies here that does that. i know there's one on almeda genoa in the 77075 zip. we've used them several times and have been satisfied.

Ok, which business. I'll see if they can fix the cracks rather than getting a brand new one. Right now, i don't think i can afford a brand new one right now. Thanks.

Ok, which business. I'll see if they can fix the cracks rather than getting a brand new one. Right now, i don't think i can afford a brand new one right now. Thanks.

7502 Almeda Genoa Rd

Houston, TX 77075

(713) 991-6297

the owner's name is ray narvaez. you can ask him and he'll give you the options. this is all they do.

My house is only 2.5 yrs old and the bathroom sink is already cracking near and around the drain. How do you go about repairing this? I have a feeling it will get worse over time, thus i want to fix it now as best as possible. Thanks.

I have the same issue. I put liquid nail and coated the underside with it, and it stop the leaks. As for the crack, it is a hairline crack and I can live with it.

I have the same issue. I put liquid nail and coated the underside with it, and it stop the leaks. As for the crack, it is a hairline crack and I can live with it.

Mine are also hairline cracks, but i was afraid that it would get bigger, thus wanting to fix it now. No leaks right now, but not a bad idea with liquid nail.

• 1 year later...

There is a distributor in Houston, Tops and Tubs, for a product called KwikBowl. Check out at tubsandtops.com or kwikbowl.com

Mine are also hairline cracks, but i was afraid that it would get bigger, thus wanting to fix it now. No leaks right now, but not a bad idea with liquid nail.

I moved into a house in July 2000 that had the same situation: three lavatory bowls and two bath tubs made of cultured marble, all with small cracks around the drain holes. We had every reason to believe the cultured marble had been in place for about 10 years at that time. During the approximately 18 years the tubs and bowls were in place we never experienced any leaks. The cracks never seemed to grow either. The cracks did tend to collect dirt which took more effort to clean than if they had not been there.

We are in the process of remodeling the bathrooms and will have porcelain sinks undermounted to the new countertops. Also the new tub and shower base are acrylic (not fiberglass).

By the way the holes for the lavatory faucests and tub/shower fixtures never exhibited cracking and, except for the cracks around the drain the rest of the cultured marble held up nicely. I do not think these particular tubs and sink bowls were cast too thin. My 19-year-old son and I worked very hard to remove both tubs from the house. I would estimate that they weighed well over 200 pounds each.

• 7 years later...

Archived