811 Main: Office Skyscraper At 811 Main St.

houstonfella

As long as that tenant wasn't in one of your other properties!

Exactly my point. The building owner of the tenant loses, obviously, but the tenant and new developer win. which I wonder if it gives a developer more incentive to build a new building. People and businesses are always looking to upgrade at some point in time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

February 24, 2011 - Hines has opened its 46-story BG Group Place, a 1 million-sf building at 811 Main St. in downtown Houston. The building is currently 60 percent leased with BG Group and KPMG as lead tenants

http://realtynewsreport.com/

Not too shabby. BG Group Place at 60% and Hess Tower 100% (i assume) is not bad for two brand new buildings in this market.

Edited by lockmat

• 1 month later...

There's a flattering piece in the Chronicle on green design and changes in highrise development that's more or less exclusively about BG Group Place.

http://www.chron.com...ay/7522028.html

Nice article... I like this part...

"Now it's the first part of his sales pitch, the thing that new clients ask about. BG Place is now 60 percent occupied - impressive, in this economy - and Mooz expects soon to announce new tenants, including a ground-level retail operation. He also points fondly to Lot 59, a nearby block of Main Street now used as a parking lot. Hines intends to build there next, he says - an office building much like this one, because that's what tenants want."

• Like 2

There's a flattering piece in the Chronicle on green design and changes in highrise development that's more or less exclusively about BG Group Place.

http://www.chron.com...ay/7522028.html

It is a really nice piece. I am really curious and excited to see what they come up with for block 59. It's just a waiting game from here on out.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did we ever figure out what the ground level retail would be? There hasn't been anything of note done to that space that I have seen recently.

There is a new tenant added to the sign outside the front door, can't recall the name though.

Citigroup is moving a group to BG Group Place (moving from Uptown). Was that who you saw on the sign?