New 7 Wonders of the World

The new 7 Wonders of the World are out. Perta is the best one to me. Hope you all enjoy.

petra-2small.jpgPerta, Jordan

Actually, it's Petra, from the Greek for stone. I believe they filmed part of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade here.

I was a little disappointed with the results of the contest. I voted for Angkor Wat, Kiyomizu-dera, the Hagia Sophia, Neuschwanstein Castle, the Colosseum, Machu Picchu and the Taj Mahal. I was also surprised to see the statue of Christ in Brazil garner one of the top spots. Not that it's not beautiful and important, but it seems to lack the same sort of "history" that the other nominees have.

moo. I'm glad they had the contest anyway. The only extant member of the original Seven Wonders is the group of pyramids at Giza.

I don't so much disagree with the 'new' wonders as much as question why some of the older ones can't stay on the list.

Yep, a bit confusing.

So the Astrodome was that just a joke or what? and now that The Leaning Tower of Pisa has been straightened out is it a disqualifier? The world can be cruel sometimes I suppose. :blink:

• 1 month later...
I don't so much disagree with the 'new' wonders as much as question why some of the older ones can't stay on the list.

Sorry to be replying so belatedly, but the reason that "some of the older ones can't stay on the list" is probably due to the fact that none of them exist anymore except the pyramids at Giza.

Yep, a bit confusing.

So the Astrodome was that just a joke or what? and now that The Leaning Tower of Pisa has been straightened out is it a disqualifier? The world can be cruel sometimes I suppose. :blink:

The Astrodome was always called the 8 wonder of the world.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Archived