Why Is Telfair So Expensive

vidyabhi

I appreciate your point of view. Some people have time to do a lot of research themselves and are comfortable negotiating for themselves. I'm sure you did a great job! I know a lot of Realtors can be high pressure. Personally, I am not one of them. I've actually talked a few people out of buying or selling for a number of reasons. That said, a good Realtor doesn't have to research the builders, because he/she already knows their reputations. They also already know the various neighborhoods and incentives. A Realtor should be used as a resource to help you collect floor plans you will like, neighborhoods that meet your needs, and incentives to help you get the best deal. They should not pressure you or make you feel rushed. They should compile neighborhood statistics, help you compare sold prices, and help you find the best mortgage deal. They should do the hard work so that you can enjoy the process. Many people, especially those new to the area (as are a lot of people in these posts) and first time home buyers, are intimidated by the process and spend a lot of time "kissing frogs". A lot of people just don't have time to do all the foot work that you did for yourself. You probably knew the exact price/sq ft you should pay for your house, but a lot of people simply don't know where to start...

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could try River Park or River Park West.  The houses are about ten years old or less.  Right off of HIghway 59.  You won't have to deal with traffic entering and exiting the neighborhood like you would have to if you live in Greatwood.  It's only ten minutes to Sugar Land.  There is shopping at the Grand Parkway and one exit south of River Park West there is tons of shopping.

And you'll be on the high side of the Brazos River.  There is a reason the original settlers of Richmond/Rosenberg settled there and not in Sugar Land.  High ground.  That area where they built Telfair used to flood.  I don't know how much water those berms they built around the neighborhood will keep out.  Looks pretty iffy to me.  Just some things to think about.

Guys, thanks so much for replying - I can see now why Telfair is more expensive. Actually my budget is around 260/270, which is the maximum that I can afford - at the same time I want something as close as possible to hwy 59 and the house shouldn't be more than, say 3 years old. I guess, with my budget, Telfair is out of question - is there a chance I can look elsewhere to satisfy my requirements ( Greatwood ofcourse, as you guys pointed out, is a place I need to go and look at ) - any other suggestions?

thanks

River Park (Sugar Land) or River Park West (Richmond).  Ten minutes from Sugar Land.  Low traffic.  High side of river.  Shopping one exit north or south.  Hospitals.

• 1 month later...

You could try River Park or River Park West.  The houses are about ten years old or less.  Right off of HIghway 59.  You won't have to deal with traffic entering and exiting the neighborhood like you would have to if you live in Greatwood.  It's only ten minutes to Sugar Land.  There is shopping at the Grand Parkway and one exit south of River Park West there is tons of shopping.

And you'll be on the high side of the Brazos River.  There is a reason the original settlers of Richmond/Rosenberg settled there and not in Sugar Land.  High ground.  That area where they built Telfair used to flood.  I don't know how much water those berms they built around the neighborhood will keep out.  Looks pretty iffy to me.  Just some things to think about.

RiverPark is not the same market/class as Telfair; it's lower-end in comparison. The school district is different and the schools don't rank as well as the ones in Greatwood or in much of FBISD. Unfortunately, the nickname locally River Park has of "Poor Man's New Territory" has some validity to it. The only reason Sugar Land annexed it was because of the tax revenue from the big shopping center anchored by the HEB. And the reason it's protected from flooding is no different than Telfair, First Colony, etc... it has a LID tax as well. As far as River Park West... that's almost to Rosenberg.

I've been in the Sugar Land area for a decade... the best current alternatives to Telfair as far as similar developments (but obviously lower prices because the locations aren't as convenient to central Sugar Land) are Riverstone and Aliana.

• 3 years later...
  • The title was changed to Why Is Telfair So Expensive

Archived