Panjo's Pizza

Disastro

OnlyRockport and Corpus. It is the best pizza in the world..

GREAT to see some recent posts about Panjo's. There is now a third one. It is located in Leakey right on the Frio river. Only opened spring through fall when the rafters are there. They have a Facebook page Panjo's on the Frio.

• 1 month later...

Shout out to any Panjo's alumni! I worked there circa 1978-1979. First job I ever had. I think I was only in 8th grade. First time/place I ever drank beer. The pizza was absolutely the best. I can't really recall anyone's name other than there was a Greg. Damn, we used to crank out a HUGE volume of pies on a Friday night. Place taught me how to work hard and fast. Good memories for sure! - Randy

• 3 weeks later...

I lived in Cypress and worked at Precision Auto Supply in the late 70s. My boss and I would split a large with the works about once a week. That pie had shrimp and jalapenos and all the goodies, and that crust was simply the best. There are just some things in life that, sadly, go away and never come back. (Precision Auto Supply is gone as well.) They also served beer in frosty mugs, and they went down really well with that food.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Good pizza and an authentic pizzeria. I worked at Panjos Town and Country in 1984. The manager was a black man but I don’t remember his name. I just remember he could be serious but was often funny. My dad worked next door at the EF Hutton office so when I was younger he would often bring home pizza. 

• 1 year later...

I worked at Panjos Winrock from 73-76.  Willie Bryan also worked there and married Paul Fair’s daughter Shawn.  Paul Fair was the founder and owner.  Strarted them in Rockport.  Steve Scwartzkopf was Manager of SAn Felipe most of time I worked there.  Fred Wohgulmuth ran it for a wile I think, but Mr Fair came by quite often.  Was a blast working there.  Some great stories.  Corn meal and thin crust plus great toppings and that burger grill.  

• 9 months later...