Sign in to follow this  
WesternGulf

Westheimer Tower

danes75    0

Well its still shown as a "project" on Allen Bianchi's site:

http://www.allenbianchi.com/projects_des.p...ct_auto_id=4904

But then I'm sure you could still find the Chariots of Fire Tower listed somewhere as a "project". I love the design and think balconies would be a horrible idea. I've lived in two high-rise apartments on the 18th and 28th floors and the balconies were tiny and way too windy to do anything on. You couldn't have a grill (city ordinance) and two chairs barely fit out there. When I'm paying a premium to own a high-rise condo in a market where you can get a 5000sf house for 250k, I want every square inch of it to be year round livable space.

I think the location is a good decision. Every room in every condo above the 3rd floor would have amazing, unobstructed views, and isn't that what most high-rise dwellers buy for? Putting it in the galleria area or downtown or the med center would lessen the availability of of those views and risk having an office tower or faux lofts built right next to it.

lockmat    1,898

Go ahead and kill this project, at least for the time being. Or we may have to move the thread to, "Going on in the rest of the world."

Got an email from the architect saying it will not be built on Westheimer. He thinks the land is for sale again. But he did say it might be built on another location or another city.

BTW, is it okay to relay this kind of information when it's a personal inquiry? Are they responding in good faith that we won't say, post it on a public forum? Is it okay w/ Nancy, too?

ricco67    382

You must always be careful about relaying information that is given in (you must always assume) confidence.

That's why I usually wait for several days or weeks for it to be "general knowledge" to people in a company, because it can't be traced to any one particular person.

its annoying, but you won't get anyone fired for leaking confidential information.

lockmat    1,898
You must always be careful about relaying information that is given in (you must always assume) confidence.

That's why I usually wait for several days or weeks for it to be "general knowledge" to people in a company, because it can't be traced to any one particular person.

its annoying, but you won't get anyone fired for leaking confidential information.

In this case, I emailed the @info.com address they had listed. I'm assuming they know it can basically become public knowledge once they release that information to someone they don't know or know anything about. And I'm sure they wouldn't release to me, a stranger, any confidential info, and neither would Nancy.

Thanks for the advice Ricco.