ABC 13 News at 11am

Chris

• 2 months later...

Has anyone noticed the new reporter Patricia Lopez on ABC 13? This past week she did a week long segment on Resale during the 4 PM Newscasts. Her reports have been really good. She's also pregnant. She's originally from Houston, graduated from Kingwood High School. She's going to do well at ABC 13.

In general, who is watching these broadcasts? Aren't most people at work during that time?

No, I am not always at work at 4pm. I work all different shifts (mornings, afternoons, evenings, overnights, etc.). When I am home at 4pm on a weekday I enjoy watching ABC 13 news.

Yes, but I meant 11a.

I am still surprised broadcast television even exists.

Ooo... well, same difference... some days i don't go into work until afternoon and sometimes I am off on weekdays. If I am home at 11:00 am on a weekday I usually put on ABC 13 news.

Yes, but I meant 11a.

I am still surprised broadcast television even exists.

There is also the fact that a number of Deli's within buildings usually have it tuned to ch. 13 news and are watched by quite a number of people having lunch there. There is also people that now watch it on the web, Lunch workouts (i.e. Gym) and such.

As I've said on here many times, not everyone has a 9-5 work schedule.

There is also the fact that a number of Deli's within buildings usually have it tuned to ch. 13 news and are watched by quite a number of people having lunch there. There is also people that now watch it on the web, Lunch workouts (i.e. Gym) and such.

As I've said on here many times, not everyone has a 9-5 work schedule.

Yeah, that's true. Guess it doesn't matter where the eyeballs actually are as long as they're watching, huh?

Yeah, that's true. Guess it doesn't matter where the eyeballs actually are as long as they're watching, huh?

Actually, it matters quite a lot. People watching in delis and other public places don't count in the ratings. Neither do prisons, college dorms, hospitals, most nursing homes, and virtually any group viewing setting.

If those people don't show up in the ratings as viewers, KTRK/ABC/Disney can't make money off of them.

Do they count web viewers in ratings now. I ONLY watch NBC Evening News via video podcast (downloaded right into iTunes).

Web viewers are regarded as "time shift" viewers, just like those who download the newscast via video podcast and watch it later. The ratings people only count butts on the couch actually watching the newscast live. I'm almost 100 percent sure that delayed viewing and delayed viewers don't count. The new technologies have them completely buffaloed.

• 3 weeks later...
which resulted in the eventual demise of shara fryer

I thought Shara left to deal with her cancer. I know they did a special on her earlier this year and ABC still wants her back, but she only wants to do special projects and reports for ABC, which she has done. I grew up watching Shara and have always liked her and respected her.

It's been over a year now since Minerva Perez left. When are they going to put a permenant anchor to co-anchor with Melanie Lawson on the 11am newscast. I think Sharron Melton will be a great choice.

She has only been gone since I think May or June of 2007.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived