METRO Transit Center- Southeast

A : For the 402 Quickline, we will survey passengers periodically to gain their opinion of the service and will monitor ridership as a measure of success. This new route will also provide a faster trip to the Texas Medical Center complex, one of the fastest growing employment locations in the Houston region.

The next component of Signature Service will be installed on Holcombe Blvd. and OST, again serving the Texas Medical Center from the Southeast Transit Center.

Q : What is a reasonable time-frame we might expect to see additional Quickline service put in place? Within the next year? 2 years? 5 years?

A : We expect to add Quickline service east of the Texas Medical Center to the Southeast Transit Center in early 2009 and from the Tidwell Transit Center to the Northline Transit Center in late 2009.

Well, Sedlak is either a robot or someone Metro should not trust to do these webchats. His responses show that Metro has no concrete plans for expansion of bus service and that human beings CAN be mistaken for humorless chat bots. This is a definite departure from the Pennington web chat on rail a few weeks back and even though Frank Wilson can come off as a jerk, he at least will get to the meat of your questions.

Many of the people that METRO has interact with the public come across as exactly this way. I would imagine that they have a political consulting firm that trains presenters on how to handle hard or sensitive questions.

I was just very dissapointed; after reading the web chat on rail hosted by Pennington, I expected the same on the bus side of things from Mr. Sedlak. But Mr. Pennington has lots of funding forthcoming for his projects, hence lots to talk about while Sedlak was given the "dull" task of talking about the one or two rehashed ideas Metro has been kicking around to "improve" local bus service. Beyond his few talking points about QL and the "premium" Airport Direct he didn't have much to say and dodged the meat of most quetiosn.

• The title was changed to METRO Transit Center- Southeast

Archived