Endeavour Condominiums

yaga

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes sense that it would be by Clear Lake. Pasadena is just refinieries and slums. Many parts are nice. The only reason I know is I had to do some field work out there for some new developments. Several Environmental service companies want to relocate out there. The southern parts of Pasadena look nothing like the northern parts.

KJB is right. I've had to go out there for my work as well and the first couple miles south of SH 225 is pretty low income, but about midways it becomes typical middle class and then you start getting into those upper middle class subdivisions like what you'd found out in Katy or League City.

Pasadena also has one of the lowest crime rates of any city with 100,000 residents or more. It's like 280 out of 335 or something like that.

The refineries blow, though.

• 1 month later...
Guest danax
i bet it's galveston or clear lake.  pasadena has no water front property except for the ship shannel.

I think they do have some Sims Bayou frontage but that would put the condo right next to the fragrance of Goodyear.

Great Hizzy! is correct. The city limits are Pasadena do not limit it to just near the refineries and SH225

It is along Clear Lake and far south of what is commonly know as Pasadena.

It could very well be along clear lake. Just the address would be Pasadena.

• 2 months later...

i live at 4600 NASA parkway, this is it 4821. it's going to stick out...

there is a plot of land where i think this is (using mapping on yahoo, which shows it to be seabrook, but its pasadena jurisdiction which i unfortunately found out). its cleared out with a black construction wall around it, and a trailor but no signs. but the space seems to small for a 15 story building, so this may be something else...

Guest danax

Apparently this project will happen. Bizjournal article

Interesting that they're playing on the "beauty of the industrial lights" as their version of "skyline views". Not too close though or you'd have both views and peuws.

Apparently this project will happen. Bizjournal article

Interesting that they're playing on the "beauty of the industrial lights" as their version of "skyline views". Not too close though or you'd have both views and peuws.

I hope no one makes fun of me for this, but I always loved the refinery "skyline views". In fact, I think the view from San Leon, looking across Galveston Bay at night towards Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte and Baytown, is GREAT! Then again, I'm Pasadena born and bred, so the refineries are kind of like "home".

That's also my absolute favorite 4th of July fireworks watching spot...from that vantage point you see the fireworks from Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Baytown, Clear Lake, Texas City, Galveston...not to mention all the rednecks shooting off their own fireworks over the water from the shore. That's an Independence Day Party right there, from people that know their independence!

I use to love seeing the refinery views in Louisisana as you cross the Mississippi River. The best ones are when you cross the Sunshine Bridge in Donaldsonville.

I see the same then when crossing the bridge in Baytown and the Causeway.

I find they look like the Emeral City from the Wizard of Oz.

I hope no one makes fun of me for this, but I always loved the refinery "skyline views". In fact, I think the view from San Leon, looking across Galveston Bay at night towards Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte and Baytown, is GREAT! Then again, I'm Pasadena born and bred, so the refineries are kind of like "home".

I won't make fun. I agree. I always like the lights of the refineries. I grew up in Pasadena too. You know it didn't smell at all where I was. Really, it's just the area around 225 that smells. I'm amazed at the growth around the Beltway.

In fact I'm hitting the good old Don'Key today for lunch. I can't wait.

• 4 weeks later...

We've talked about that before, 'Fella. The northern third of Pasadena is where the refineries are and where the older, poorer neighborhoods are. However, the middle third is average and the bottom third is exploding with new development.

People see a refinery (or any type of heavy industry) and immediately dismiss the surrounding area as slummy. Pretty simple-minded analysis, frankly.

• 4 weeks later...

I drove by this weekend. They now have a sales office and a sign that says prices will be 300K - 2 million. Even for water front, this is high dollar for the area.

They'll probably sell though, since this is the only high rise on clear lake.

• 4 months later...

Archived