Cinco Ranch Southwest

NativeTexan

Just looking for information by anyone that has driven thru the new Southwest section of Cinco going in by Fry Rd. and Spring Green Blvd. by Seven Lakes HS. Are roads in and houses going up?? Does anyone know who's building there. Curious about the area. I know there is suppose to be a lake and trails close too which is appealing. Any information, pictures is appreciated.

Judging from the map, it looks like most of Cinco Ranch (West of the Grand Parkway) as not been built yet. Cinco Ranch BLVD, and Fry Road are going to be the two major arteries in this part of Cinco Ranch. I don't know what the other road is going north and south is, though.

Let's give it up for the dumbest name for a high school (at least in relation to its area)...Seven Lakes. There aren't even seven lakes around that place. Did they just combine the "Seven" from Seven Meadows, and "Lakes" from Grand Lakes (since they are built close to the high school), to get this name? They should have named it after someone important in the district, or to Texas in general.

Let's give it up for the dumbest name for a high school (at least in relation to its area)...Seven Lakes. There aren't even seven lakes around that place. Did they just combine the "Seven" from Seven Meadows, and "Lakes" from Grand Lakes (since they are built close to the high school), to get this name? They should have named it after someone important in the district, or to Texas in general.

Yes, they combined Grand Lakes and Seven Meadows (the two primary areas the school draws from) to get the name. Some of far southwest areas of Cinco Ranch, including where I live, are currently zoned to Seven Lakes. After everything in Cinco is built out, there will probably be more Cinco residents than Grand Lakes or Seven Meadows attending....and who knows, there could be seven lakes (albeit man-made) in the area by the time Newland is finished with the Cinco development :)

Just looking for information by anyone that has driven thru the new Southwest section of Cinco going in by Fry Rd. and Spring Green Blvd. by Seven Lakes HS. Are roads in and houses going up?? Does anyone know who's building there. Curious about the area. I know there is suppose to be a lake and trails close too which is appealing. Any information, pictures is appreciated.

Yes, roads are in and homes are going up in the area immediately to the west of SLHS. I know that Morrison, Trendmaker and Perry are out there. There are other builders, but those are the only ones I remember. Some model homes are finally open (they were still building in February when I first looked), but a lot of homes have already been built b/c the builders had model homes elsewhere in Cinco.

The brick wall surrounding the neighborhoods under construction right now is not the typical light reddish color in other Cinco neighborhoods - it's in the brown family.

The area around the lake you are referring to doesn't have any homes yet, nor the area just to the north of SLHS, but roads are in. The lake has a man made island in the shape of the Cinco logo. Go to mapquest, search for Katy TX 77494, pan south so that the area between 1463, 99 and 1093 is centered on your screen, and zoom in to see it. Or just take a look below...

post-3772-1175948851.jpg

Katy keeps the school names generic.....unlike Fort Bend ISD

The Miller career center is named after Arthur Miller, Morton Ranch is named after the Morton family, Beck is named after Rodger and Ellen Beck, Beckendorff after Robert Beckendorf, McDonald after T.H. McDonald, McMeans after Garland McMeans and the majority of the elementary schools are named after someone.

I'm talking high schools. That is what really matters. It isn't as bad as Cy-Fair, though. Everything is named after a forest, wood, lake, ridge, ranch, etc. They all begin with "Cypress", too.

Does anyone know where or even if I can find Cinco's timeline to build out the soutwest part of Cinco?? I am curious as to when they plan to build around the lake area between Cinco Ranch Blvd and Fry Rd......

I figured if there was anyone who might know the answer it would be someone on this board. :)

As i look at the map there are dotted road that they haven't built out yet so they may do below Fry Rd. before they move above it....anyone got a guess on time line?? They seem to move pretty fast.

Thanks

Judging from the map, it looks like most of Cinco Ranch (West of the Grand Parkway) as not been built yet. Cinco Ranch BLVD, and Fry Road are going to be the two major arteries in this part of Cinco Ranch. I don't know what the other road is going north and south is, though.

The north-south road is called Spring Green Road, a northern extension of FM 723.

Does anyone know where or even if I can find Cinco's timeline to build out the soutwest part of Cinco?? I am curious as to when they plan to build around the lake area between Cinco Ranch Blvd and Fry Rd......

South side of the lake area will probably see lot sales late this year to late 2008. Don't know about the north side, but probably about a year or two after that.

Homes in Cinco SW, south of Fry, west of Spring Green Rd were being built in January, when I first looked. I passed by a couple of weeks ago and there are a number of completed homes. I would assume they would develop this section a bit more before developing the area just north of Fry, nearest the lake (I don't recall seeing streets in that area yet). The area just north of Seven Lakes HS looks like it it almost ready for homes.

BTW - the map I posted earlier from Mapquest is at least a year and a half old - that area is much more developed than shown.

Homes in Cinco SW, south of Fry, west of Spring Green Rd were being built in January, when I first looked. I passed by a couple of weeks ago and there are a number of completed homes. I would assume they would develop this section a bit more before developing the area just north of Fry, nearest the lake (I don't recall seeing streets in that area yet).

Yes, that is the plan. The dates I posted are when they are going to start selling lots. I may have old info, as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know the timeline for developing the area immediately around the large lake at Spring Green and Fry, but there are supposed to be 200+ 90' lots just south of the lake. To the NW of the lake, right off of Cinco Blvd, the proposal includes some 70' lots, patio homes and townhomes but it appears that everything right off of Spring Green Road is going to be developed first. The SW section of Cinco is also supposed to have several townhome developments and an an active adult community (along FM 1463)

That entire area... Grand Lakes, Cinco Ranch and Seven Meadows is suburban paradise (for better or worse depending on your view). They've done a good job of connecting those communities, and now retail is filling in at an impressive rate.

In five years, though, FM 1093 out to Fulshear is going to be astounding!!

How many homes are currently in Cinco Ranch? How many do they expect to have at Buildout?

I can't remeber where i read it but recently i read that there were eight thousand something homes built. Population was 11,196 at the 2000 census. And I think the mater plan was something like 7,400 acres.

I can't remeber where i read it but recently i read that there were eight thousand something homes built. Population was 11,196 at the 2000 census. And I think the mater plan was something like 7,400 acres.

Yes, 8000+ homes currently, build-out should be around 12000+

• 6 months later...

dont be hatin on seven lakes just because we are awesome. let me guess...you go to crhs?

• 2 months later...
Katy keeps the school names generic.....unlike Fort Bend ISD

Katy Taylor is the only one named after someone

It's the same way at klein ISD. Klein, Klein Forest, Klein Oak.

Only Klein Collins is name after someone.

Archived